Friday, June 23, 2006

time to chill out.

yay! my dad flew in from chicago today to visit me for the weekend! (my birthday weekend!!)

the weather has been so hot and muggy lately. today was especially humid! dad was tired and a little hungry after the flight. we needed to go and get a quick bite to eat. off to Mule, a little coffee shop down 4th avenue.

i got my typical iced vanilla latte



and a cute little mini red velvet cupcake.



too bad it didn't taste like red velvet. the frosting tasted like it was meant to go on carrot cake. hmmm....


dad checked out things to do this weekend while sipping an espresso.



next stop ... target!!! always a destination when the parents come to town!!

we entertained ourselfs by trying on hats.





but there was a more important reason why we were there.

i finally got an air conditioner!!!
it's like heaven - well actually, an igloo, in my apartment now! i'm freezing and i love it!



me and my new best friend!

thanks dad! you're the best dad ever!!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Bethie said...

That air conditioner looks HUGE!!

1:17 PM  
Blogger pinknest said...

it looks like R2D2!!!

5:14 PM  
Blogger molly said...

awww ... come on you guys! you can't be so cruel to my new friend!

and bethie, i had to get a free standing ac due to the iron bars that are flush up against my window. but big bessie is working perfectly!!!

6:25 PM  
Blogger Bethie said...

I didn't even know they made those...

Anita, I agree, it does look like R2D2. But if you're place is like a meat locker than Bessie is doing her job. I hope you love her! :)

11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home